Your baby is between two and three years old and you wonder what are the best kids toys could make he be happy? This is the year of great learning. Construction games, puzzles, the doll and its accessories, cars, trucks, trains, stuffed animals will help it flourish.
Baby toy after 2 years: how to adapt it to its stage of development?
From 2 years old, your child can do a lot of things alone! He enters the period of assertiveness and great learning.
Side progress, this second year of baby is very rich:
- His vocabulary is enriched in a prodigious way (he knows how to formulate negative and interrogative sentences), and he enters the famous age of no.
- He often opposes, a necessary phase in the awareness of his unique personality
- He takes his first steps towards cleanliness
- He learns to dress himself
- He has mastered the art of imitating: he now imitates complete actions
- The imaginary becomes all-powerful: it is able to play symbolically
- He is able to concentrate, create a project and bring it to an end
- His hands are more and more clever: he draws, colors, cuts, turns the pages of books one by one …
- The body becomes more and more adroit
Baby toy after 2 years: which one to privilege?
Faced with all these upheavals, your two-year-old baby can now deal with new toys. Do not hesitate to offer him:
- construction games (legos …)
- the big beads to put on
- wooden puzzles
- disguises, hats, big necklaces …
- the doll and its accessories
- the little canvas house
- the small universes (the small farm, the fire station, the garage, the zoo …)
Toys to reproduce the activities of daily life: the grocery store, the pram, the mini-vacuum cleaner, the complete dinette
- cars, trucks, trains …
- soft toys
- a blackboard with chalk or a whiteboard with markers
- books with little stories
- a fashion catalog, a toy catalog …
- a music player, small songs and nursery rhymes
- the necessary for the manual activities: markers, crayons, sheets of paper, painting, small scissors with round ends … But also clay, salt dough …
Toy after two years: from three to four years old
Imitation games are emerging: the imitation game is on the one hand the ability for the child to build a different identity through a toy (the hairdresser with the head to styling and accessories) or use of reproductions of the adult world to “pretend” (the dinette). Your child is also increasingly interested in books and stories (which are scary!).
- imitation games: the baby, its changing table and its bassinet, the doctor’s briefcase, the nurse’s kit, the complete kitchen, the hair salon, the first handyman’s workbenches
- animated books
- games developing his imagination: disguises, puppets, first figurines (Winnie, Tigger, Tarzan ….)
- the first rules games: lotto, memory, domino …
Toy after two years: from six years old
It becomes more and more difficult to choose for him. As you grow up, your child knows what he wants to play with. Difficult then to pass the “surprise” under the Christmas tree! He makes his list and in the schoolyard, the discussions are only about this subject. As far as possible – and your means – respect his desire! You will not be able to impose your choices on him.
In general, their favorites are the game toys for boys and dolls models for girls. In recent years, studies have shown that children over the age of 8 turn away from toys for video or computer products, designer clothes or sporting goods. One explanation: the age of the preadolescence advance.