What Are The Pros And Cons Of An Air Fryer?
The Advantages of Air Fryers
1. Need Less Oil – When using the air fryer to cooking greasy food, such as meat, seafood, or quick-frozen French fries, etc, it can make a taste similar to deep-frying without putting oil. If you fry vegetables that do not have any oil or fat content, the air fryer just needs a little bit of oil.
2. Easy to Use – No need to put the food in oil for deep-frying, just put them in the air fryer, set the temperature and time, then the machine will automatically bake out the fat of the food.
3. High Heating Efficiency – Without preheating, food can be put directly into it, the frying can be basically completed within 30 minutes. So, it has a higher heating efficiency than traditional ovens.
4. Easy to Store – The air fryers have a smaller volume than ovens, making it easier to move and store in the kitchen.
The Disadvantages of Air Fryers
1. Noisy – Because the air fryer needs to use the rapid circulation of heat to bake food, it is equipped with a high-power fan, so it will make a lot of noise when working.
2. Small Internal Space – The frying space inside the air fryer is small, so it cannot make large amounts of food.
3. Smoking – The air fryer will also produce smoke, especially when cooking food with high oil and fat content, it is best to turn on the range hoods.
4. Taste – The working principle of the air fryer is to bake food with hot air instead of frying, so the taste of the green food cooked in the air fryer is not as good as actually fried. But if you cook greasy food, the taste will not be much different.
Is Air Fried Food Healthy?
The air fryer uses hot air to cook food, which makes the food fat content lower than traditional frying methods. However, the air fryer’s cooking temperature can reach 180-200°C, if the food’s heating temperature is over 120°C, it will produce acrylamide which may be carcinogenic.
Therefore, in ensuring that the food is cooked well, you must pay attention to controlling the time and temperature.
Editor’s Recommendation: Amazon’s #1 Best Seller Air Fryer
- Save space: 6 built-in smart programs to roast, broil, bake, reheat, and dehydrate.
- Save time: Food is cooked faster and more thoroughly than using traditional cooking methods.
- The perfect crunch: Gives you tender inside and a perfect crispy outside using up to 95 % less oil.
- Large capacity: Room for 2 pounds of fries or a butterflied 4-pound chicken.
- Easy peasy: Easy to use and clean.
- Get it on Amazon
Guides for Using An Air Fryer
1. For cooking fish, shrimps, and other foods with low-fat content, to prevent sticking, a little bit of oil should be applied to the bottom of the air fryer basket. If you like crispy food, it is recommended to bake at the highest temperature.
2. Leaving a certain gap when placing the food. Don’t stuff full the basket when cooking. The larger the gap between the food, the more even the heating.
3. Sufficient space must be reserved for the vent on the back of the air fryer, preferably under the range hoods.
4. Avoid hard objects touching the inner pot and frying basket to prevent damaging the coating.
5. Before cleaning, be sure the inner pot and frying basket has cooled down.