A refrigerator’s water dispenser is an easy way to get chilled water. Once you install a water filter inside a fridge, you can enjoy the cleaner water with a better taste which is important for keeping you and your family healthy.
What’s in Your Fridge Water
There are microbiological risks, chemical risks, pesticides, pharma risks, and more in your fridge water. Microbiological risks include viruses, protozoa, bacteria while chemical risks have chlorine, aluminum, fluoride, and nitrate (which can be converted into nitrite).
The necessity of Using Refrigerator Water Filters
Water filters for the fridge are not only there to make your water taste good, they actually remove almost all the contaminants from your water to protect your health.
#1 EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1
EveryDrop Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1 is NSF certified to reduce the most contaminants. Its dimensions are 2.5 x 2.5 x 8.7 inches, weight 0.45 pounds. Flow Rate is 0.75 gpm, It reduces 24 contaminants, including pharmaceuticals, waterborne parasites, lead, and pesticides. Side-by-side, top freezer, and bottom-freezer refrigerators all accept Filter 1.
- The Only Thing In Your Water Should Be Great Taste
- Reduces Potentially Harmful Contaminants
- Replace Every 6 Months
- Clean, Filtered Water Goes a Long Way
- Amazon Best Seller in Refrigerator Water Filters
- It is NSF and Whirlpool Corporation certified
- The process of installing the system is easy
- The flow of the water is found to be good
- Warranty present in this is a short period
- Its price is much higher than others
#2 Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Refrigerator Water Filter 3
This Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 Everydrop Refrigerator Water Filter 3 is tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 401, 53 and 42 for the reduction of the specified impurities. It can reduce chlorine taste and odor, sediment, and retains fluoride in water.
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 3 x 13.5 inches
- Weight: 0.75 Pounds
- Filter Life: 6 Months
- Warranty: 90 Days
- Flow Rate: 0.5 gpm
- Certification: NSF 401, 53 and 42 certified
- The product is NSF certified against NSF/ANSI Standards
- Fluoride content is retained after the processing of the water
- The warranty is not specified
- The taste of the water needs to be improved
All filers listed above have reached the NSF standards, so you don’t have to worry much about their quality level. However, you need to pay attention to other product details like warranty, price and flow rate, etc. Some filters may not have instructions with it so that you need to search online for its installation. Sometimes there are cases where users buy fake filters. It is important to purchase it from a valid dealer.